Saturday, February 25, 2006

Buffalo Spree Fun

Many readers here know I am a contributing writer for Buffalo Spree Magazine and that Val has contributed photographs to several (mostly my) stories, but the new edition, which we got in the mail Friday, is pretty cool for reasons other than our usual participation.
As far as I am concerned, the best part is the "Artist Spotlight" article on Val by Chris Stuccio. I may seem like a biased observer/spouse, but I feel the article, featuring two of Val's recent photographs plus a photo of Val herself, is very deserved. Val works long and hard on her art and has worked in many styles and formats, and indeed, I enjoyed her photography for years before we even started dating. So make sure if you haven't that you pick up a copy of Buffalo Spree and read that article, and you can check out Val's photography on exhibit at the College Street Gallery during March; the reception will be held from 8-10 p.m. Friday, March 3, and more will be written about it here soon.
But wait, there's more; the photos that were taken during Buffalo BloggerCon II and shown on the Buffalo Spree blog are also published in this issue in the back section, and finally, our gal Jennifer Smith from All Things Jen(nifer) appears in yet another photo as the winner of the worst date contest.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

CRAP! I DIDN't REALIZE ME AND MY 27 chins were in the BUFFALO SPREE TWICE THIS MONTH! Sigh...good thing I am going to the gym tonight to meet with the trainer.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Oh, come on, Jen; I could certainly use some gym work myself, but I was actually up to 236 pounds years ago. Of course, years of living on a writer's/reporter's/editor's salary helped me lose weight,

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home